Professional grief & loss counseling in Scottsdale, AZ is available with Empower You Experts. Feelings of grief & loss may be experienced after we lose someone or something we care deeply about, such as the death of a loved one; loss of a relationship; loss of a job or house; loss of a pet; a change to your way of life; or loss of important possessions. The grief one experiences in these instances is not an illness, however it is a normal response to a life event that everyone faces at some point in their lives.
When Should I Get Grief Counseling?
There is an adjustment period that takes place in which the grieving individual learns to live life without that person, thing, or way of life. There is no right or wrong way to grieve and it may take a lot of time and support to heal. One way of better understanding the grieving process is by seeking out grief counseling in order to get professional support and skills to work through your loss.
Why Empower You Experts Grief Counseling?
At Empower You Experts we provide an all-inclusive place to work through your grieving process by providing grief & loss counseling in Scottsdale, AZ. Using our Empower You Experts system, we provide a personalized plan to help you get through the difficult time you’re facing in life.
Five Stage of Grief by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
The five stages of grief are responses to loss that many people have, yet there is not a typical response to loss because there is no typical loss. Not every person will experience the stages in a prescribed order. There may be times people in grief will report more stages, however it’s important to note that a person’s grief is unique to them and should seek grief counseling when available.
- DENIAL – helps us to deal with the loss and to survive the loss. Denial helps individuals to let in as much as he or she can handle.
- ANGER – is a necessary feeling of the healing process. Be willing to feel your anger, the more a person feels their anger, the more it will begin to dissolve and the more a person heals.
- BARGAINING – after a loss, bargaining involves individuals feeling she or he would do almost anything to not feel the pain of the loss.
- DEPRESSION – is not a sign of clinical depression, however it is a natural response to one’s loss. It would be uncommon to not experience depression after the loss of someone a person loves or has experienced a close relationship to in his or her life.
- ACCEPTANCE -is when an individual realizes his or her loved one is physically no longer here on earth and recognizes her or his current reality is not going to change.